Austin Kocher, Ph.D.
I’m a political and legal geographer studying the theories, laws, and institutional practices behind immigration enforcement. Research Assistant Professor with the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse University.
- Speaking at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. on February 17, 2023. (details + registration)
- Speaking at the Forced Migation Conference at UCLA in April.
- Presenting at the AAG (geography) conference in Denver in March and the Law and Society Assn conference in Puerto Rico in June.
- Panel discussion on ICE’s electronic monitoring program (virtual), January 25, 2023. (details + registration)
- Updated this website to new design and backend (from Squarespace to Blot.im).
- Launched Immigration History Calendar (immigrationhistorycalendar.com) (January 2023)